HVAC Systems Maintenance Specialist
General Skills & Training
- Must have basic hand tools and entry level HVAC tools, such as a set of gauges
- Initial training will include company culture, customer relations, job requirements and product awareness.
- Must undergo extensive training by helping with installations, dispatching, inventory and invoicing.
- Must spend a minimum of two weeks in the production area cutting, fabricating, and sizing ductwork.
- After one week of training, must know basic system of operation, electrical safety, customer courtesies, invoices, time tickets and radio procedure.
- Must be willing to enroll in available schooling or be a graduate of a technical school.
- Must understand refrigeration gauges, amp robe, ohm meter and leak detector, and the correct use of each.
- Must be able to describe the basic functions of heating and air conditioning systems.
- Must know the proper method of cleaning heating and air conditioning components (drain pans, condensers, evaporators, blower wheels, and return air grills, etc.) Must also be able to run routine preventive maintenance on residential air conditioning systems, with supervision.
- Must be aware of customer involvement and building value in the preventative maintenance procedure and be able to renew Home Comfort Agreements.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with the customer and have an understanding of their needs and desires.
The ideal candidate for this position can follow instructions easily, work efficiently unsupervised, and is mechanically minded. They must have the ability to learn and assimilate information quickly, as well as someone who has a positive attitude. We are looking for full-time HVAC Apprentices to help our experienced technicians out in the field while learning the heating and cooling trade. This position earns a competitive wage of $16.00-$25.00 an hour (dependent on experience) and works a schedule of Monday – Friday, 7 am -3:30 pm. You also enjoy amazing benefits. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!