General Skills & Training
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills & superior organizational skills.
- Must have excellent, basic arithmetic skills as well as good mathematical skills.
- Must have an excellent understanding of bookkeeping, job costing, profit margins, and accounting.
- Must pass the Basic Accounting I Examination
- Must pass the Basic Accounting II Examination
- Must pass the Basic Accounting III Examination.
- Carry out all duties as they relate to the completion of the monthly income statement and balance sheet.
- Supervise assigned support accounting staff.
- Review monthly financial statements with upper management.
- Maintain daily paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Consult with CFO and/or CPA for advice and direction.
- Responsible for filling in as backup for all other accounting or office positions when necessary.
- Review all daily sales invoices
- Review and correct all sales invoices.
- Make sure that all work orders are invoiced.
- Prepare statements and make sure money is deposited in a timely manner.
- With the assistance of the respective department’s manager, establish inventory lists, including truck stock lists. Monitor inventory levels and order inventory as needed.
- Monitor all loans, taxes, and insurance policies, making sure all are accurate and paid.
- Process all Home Comfort Agreement contracts, both new and existing contracts, on a daily basis. This involves reviewing, correcting, mailing, recording, and maintaining payment schedules, expiration date schedule and writing POs (if needed for necessary materials) at scheduled times of service – per the terms of the document.
- You are primarily responsible for maintaining the computer system and getting it repaired when problems occur. Responsible for maintaining daily processing of paperwork while the system is down and getting accounts current when back online. Daily backup of computer/software system.
- Commit to completing Customer’s Proposal Request in a neat, accurate, and timely manner.
- Communicate and manage relationships with all related software vendors (I.E.: Accounting).
- Working with the Director of Finance, create an acceptable fraud prevention policy. Create policy and procedures that are designed to prevent theft and fraud. Make sure all coworkers are properly trained on the policy and verify compliance with all who are involved, report any suspicious activities to the Director of Finance at once (or higher management – if needed).
- Develop and analyze reporting for business operations and budgets
- Create new processes to improve financial efficiency
- Report analysis and findings to owner
- Accounts receivable and payable
- Maintain proper records in accordance with laws, regulations, and company policies
- Collections on past due invoices
- Work with outside accountants on a regular basis
- Payroll submission to 3rd party company
- Maintaining employee documents
- Facilitating employee benefits
- Processing of bank and credit card transactions in order to reconcile monthly statements
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for clients
- Other bookkeeping responsibilities may include client payroll and sales tax returns, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and various journal entries as needed
- Communication with our staff
- Other duties as requested
Our ideal candidate will possess strong written and verbal communication skills, will have a college degree or equivalent experience, and will be a motivated and dependable team player. Compensation will be determined by education and experience