General Skills & Training
- A thorough understanding of accounting and finance as it relates to the field of HVAC/R.
- Ability to pass the accounting II examination
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Exceptional “people” and diplomacy skills necessary to successfully resolve all customer concerns, problems with the company, and complaints about work performed.
- Meet the general skills and training
- Carry out all duties assigned by the General Manager.
- Serve as the company’s New Construction Leader in their absence.
- Plan, coordinate, and direct the overall production activities of the company. This includes replacement and retrofit work.
- Schedule jobs and construction activities to obtain maximum customer satisfaction and gross margin targets.
- Monitor the progress on all projects under construction.
- Assume the responsibilities and duties of the Service Leader in their absence.
- Delegate various duties as needed.
- Plan and schedule all job site work for installation crews, coordinate with estimating, purchasing and sheet metal shop on all new jobs (and troublesome jobs) to ensure that labor and materials are being properly requisitioned and accounted for.
- Dispatch all crews daily, making schedule changes as required.
- Supervise job site progress and quality work performed.
- Examine daily job time reports for accuracy and breakdown by type of work done.
- Review job cost reports daily to determine which jobs require special assistance in order to stay within estimated costs and take action to correct the situation.
- Select, train, direct, and evaluate performance of PTS, service, and installation mechanics.
- Provide job site security for equipment and material.
- Establish accurate stock control records (through the Purchasing Coordinator) and personally supervise quarterly stock audits.
- Establish and maintain accurate and supervised control over department tools, equipment, vehicles and other assets and their upkeep and maintenance.
- Review department paperwork and forms for content, completeness, and accuracy.
- Accurately keep a job folder on every job and make sure all information is complete.
- Interface with Engineering, Sales, Service, and Accounting Department(s) to ensure customer satisfaction (including warranty package).
- Report monthly on-job completions for payroll and accounting.
- Conduct pre-installation surveys and work up materials list as necessary.
- Randomly review purchases to verify that we are receiving the best quality at the lowest possible price. Work with the Purchasing Coordinator (if any) to cause this.
- Assure complete customer satisfaction within your department. Study satisfaction survey results monthly. Review these results with your co-workers (e.g.: technicians) as needed.
- Maintain a Customer Satisfaction Score of no less than 4.00 as a department average.
- Establish and maintain an incentive program to reward technicians and other co-workers for an exceptional commitment to customer satisfaction
- Conduct regular scheduled safety inspections of employee and company owned tools and equipment.
- Conduct regular scheduled safety inspections of company owned vehicles.
The ideal candidate for this position must possess a strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of the HVAC and refrigeration tools and equipment. Ideal candidate will possess a strong and driven sales mind, have at least 10 years of HVAC experience. Compensation will be determined by education and experience