General Skills & Training
- Must have a basic knowledge of bookkeeping, job costing, profit margins, and accounting.
- Must pass the Basic Accounting I Examination
- Must have very good writing skills, and excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must have good “people” and leadership skills.
- Must have an excellent understanding and knowledge of all company policies as well as related procedures and systems.
- A complete knowledge of telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of local geographical area— streets, highways, towns, etc..
- Ensure a company-wide commitment to quality and total customer satisfaction.
- Abide by all company procedures, policies, and systems.
- Assure that service calls and installations are performed in an accurate and timely manner in accordance to the parameters and instructions that you have given.
- Assure that your co-workers under your direction are following company policies, procedures, and systems related to communication and dispatch.
- Assist the Customer Service Representative to answer incoming telephone calls. Use telephone script provided to you by the Marketing Coordinator.
- Complete work orders accurately and completely. Include all necessary information along with any other data that might be helpful to the Technician.
- Use proper procedure in dispatching calls to Service Technicians and Installers.
- Monitor and maintain Daily Purchase Orders on a call-to-call basis.
- The ongoing maintenance and completion of the parts usage/inventory logs (if used).
- Record and track suspected callbacks and warranty work and provide reports of such to the General Manager and respective department head.
- Accounting for and filing of work orders.
- Complete Customer Proposal Requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist the Customer Service Representative in answering and routing incoming telephone calls.
- Commit to an ongoing effort to improve the overall speed, accuracy, and efficiency of the Dispatch Department.
- Commit to an ongoing program of self-education as well as formal education in fields related to your work or ones designed to improve your overall job performance.
- Coordinate the weekend service calls and work orders with the weekend dispatcher and/or on-call technician. Verify that works orders were completed properly on Monday morning and record/update all relevant information.
The Ideal candidate for this position will be organized, professional, prompt, a strong communicator, has a high level of customer service skill, and aligned with our company values. Compensation will be determined by education and experience